Information is what rules the world. Power is at the mercy of information. But your level of power is determined by the quality of the information you have. In this article we tell you where you can find reliable information.
How to detect fake websites?
Websites are where a lot of people go to make research and to publish all kind of things. You visite site to conduct a research work for instance, and you want to make sure it is not a fake one? Then follow our advices.
1. Check if the URL is misspelled.
2. Pay attention to the address bar. The S in https:// stands for secure and indicates that the website uses encryption to transfer data, protecting it from hackers.
3. Check for site seals.
4. Look for a lock.
5. Look beyond the lock by clicking on it once to reveal more information.
6. Use a website checker to verify if a website is secure.
7. Look for the following trust indicators on a site:
• A return policy
• Correct spelling and grammar. An excess of spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and grammar mistakes could indicate that a website went up quickly
• Online reviews
8. Check the domain name. Creating websites with addresses that mimic those of large brands or companies like Yah00.com or Amaz0n.net, is one the tricks of scammers.
What are the most reliable websites?
These are websites with good reputation. Generally, credible sources are the ones that can be considered unbiased and have some sort of evidence to rely on. Here is a list:
For the websites we have:
For the news soup we have:
The Wall Street Journal